Murder Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euhm protection paladin

3 posters

Go down

Euhm protection paladin Empty Euhm protection paladin

Post  euhm Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:59 am

[1] Personal information

• Name (your real life name): Niels
• Native language: Dutch
• Do you have Ventrilo installed and able to listen? (This is mandatory): yes
• Tell us about yourself: (What do you do outside the game, hobbies, profession etc.) Well currently taking care of my newborn son and looking for a new job.

[2] Character information

• Character name: Euhm
• Class:Paladin
• Primary Spec: Protection
• Dual Spec: (undecided)
• Link to blizzard armory: Edited in by Zan: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/euhm/simple
• Time played (days): 6 days this toon 38 days overall
• Are you planning to stick with your current class/spec?: yes
• Explain your choice of gear, gems and enchants and how this benefits you.
Well my gear and spec is a bit experimental. Its not the usual cookie cutter tank spec but very close to it. Its also a balance between high avoidance and high threath generation. Currently i have some hit gems but the more i read about it the more im leaning to replacing all for extra avoidance. Also my current spec is more suited towards instance tanking then raidboss tanking. And i will prolly change my primary to the cookie cutter tanking spec if i do get to raiding.

in short : hit and expert near cap + high avoidance mainly parry + mastery and average hp (140.4k unbuffed)

• Explain the reason for your choice of talents, and how they benefit you.
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#s0hZGrufRddRkdc
As i said highly suited towards the 5 man instances with extra melee haste (which u normally wouldent do). And even a point in improved hammer of justice. I did get all the avoidance boosts offcourse, because lets face it .... low avoidance = tank dies nomatter how much hp u have. And as said id go the normal 32-9 spec for raiding.

• What glyphs are you using and why?
Currently:
hammer of the righthous = mainly for the trashpacks and extra threath generation as a whole (tho single target crusader strike is marginbally better still. I also noticed that hammer oddly enough triggers far more avengers shield resets then crusader strike which i have talented....

seal of judgement = once again more damage and thus more threath

seal of truth = mainly i dont like dodges /parrys etc.

glyph of dazin shield = Trash packs get dazed ... in pugs it helps Smile

Concecration = speaks for itsself once again threath more Smile

Guild history and expectations

• Previous guild(s): Was in 6 guilds in the 6 years i play now. Notably on this realm elysium on my old main (Gend holy/disc priest)
• Reason to leave previous guild(s): Well i want to raid and have a life besides wow. In elysium it was taking up to much free time (3 obligatory raidnights which turned into 5).
• What can we expect from you:
Hmm loads and loads of experience. Experimentation on every aspect of my class. Focus and being prepared. General crazyness.. Humor.... and most of all perserverance.

• Any particular reason why you want to join Murder:
Well im looking for a guild where i can dedicate myself two or 3 nights a week to some new content in a fun relaxed yet serious athmosphere. And from what i saw /read murder offers just that.

• Why should we pick you over somebody else:
Well cuz im dutch obviously (crazy much). But seriously because i can deliver what u need and am a fast learner. Also i have seen all previous raidcontent on a number of different classes. So i cna also help and theorycraft outside my current char. Im inventive and certainly not the cookie cutter just do what everyone else does raider Smile.

• Do you know any people in Murder that would vouch your trial:
I doubt it tbh. Atleast noone thats online atm.

• Have you got any current application to any other guild? If yes, specify to which guild:
nope

• What are your plans for Cataclysm?:
Clear all content atleast once and become a great paladin tank Smile

[3] Raiding history

Raiding experience in Vanilla
• Hardest Raidboss killed: killed all bar some naxxramas bosses and id say end boss in ahn qiraj was the hardest (not on euhm btw since i created euhm for this expansion).
• Hardest Raidboss attempted:see above

Raiding experience in TBC
• Hardest Raidboss killed: Hmm endbosses SSC and Tempest keep
• Hardest Raidboss attempted: same:)

Raiding experience in WOTLK
• Hardest Raidboss killed: Lich king
• Hardest Raidboss attempted: Lich king

[5] Application

• Have you read/understood the guild/raid rules and accept to act accordingly?:

yes

euhm

Back to top Go down

Euhm protection paladin Empty Re: Euhm protection paladin

Post  Vrakir Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:13 am

Thank you for your application. Please give me a few days to evaluate it before I get back to you,

- Vrakir

Edit: Us. It's called us, Vrak.

- Zan
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanaia Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:32 am

Time played (days): 6 days this toon 38 days overall
Was in 6 guilds in the 6 years i play now

This... Really doesn't add up. Both Vrak and I rerolled in TBC and we've got far over 200 days played on those toons alone, not counting our old mains.

Also, we're looking for a tank that can make every raid. However, you write:
Well im looking for a guild where i can dedicate myself two or 3 nights a week

The question now is, does this mean that you'll occasionally be unable to raid? We've been running with two nolife tanks and we'd prefer to keep it that way. Means that every tank drop is used the best possible way, and the tanks will be able to work better together due to being stuck with each other every night. Yes, we've got a backup tank, but that's more or less unreliable due to lack of gearage.

This might seem harsh, but we demand alot from our tanks for a reason. Synergy and gear is very important for this role in our raids, and we want to keep it that way, as mentioned above.

- Zan
Zanaia
Zanaia
Admin

http://murderguild.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Euhm protection paladin Empty can answer both questions

Post  euhm Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:24 pm

yes ill be there every raid night. but nothing outside those 3.

and there was a typo i see it should be 238 days not 38 and thats all my chars combined Smile i just a dded them up.

so that should answer the other question Smile

euhm

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanaia Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:12 am

Yes, it does answer it, thanks. Just found it a bit odd that you had just over a month played after 6 years in the game Surprised

As said, give us a couple of days to get back to you, as we've got two applicants for one spot.

- Zan
Zanaia
Zanaia
Admin

http://murderguild.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Vrakir Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:01 am

Application declined. I hope you find what you are searching for in another guild.
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down