Murder Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reyvl Protection/Retribution Paladin

3 posters

Go down

Reyvl Protection/Retribution Paladin Empty Reyvl Protection/Retribution Paladin

Post  Reyvl Fri May 07, 2010 1:37 am

• Character Name: Reyvl

• Race/Class: Blood elf Paladin

• Armory Link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&cn=Reyvl

• What is the hardest or craziest achievement you have done in the game?
To find that out, it is best to check my Name/title section on my armory link, Ulduar hardmodes had to have been another difficult one for me "back in the day", hoping to shoot Mimiron one day ^^.

• What raid experience do you have? (Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK)

(Feel free to skip the wall of texts that are about to fill your screen)

In vanilla:
Mc(observed/killed friends character a few times)
various dungeons

I was pretty fresh to the game, I used to observe the guy that originally introduced me to the game whilst he was raiding Molten core (he even let me down Ragnaros on his character, which was a great experience), other than the knowledge he used to impart I spent a lot of time just doing dungeons and trying to work out how to keep groups together.

In Tbc:
Karazhan
Gruul's lair
ZA
Magtheridon
The eye (except Kael)

I spent a lot of my time on the content in this expansion and later got into raiding on my mage, started out in a small time guild called Outcasts that did not last very long but I got into one or two kara runs they did at the time before they disbanded, later on a met a hunter on the isles of Quel'danas whom was forming a new guild called The Warlords, I spent a lot of my time upto the end of BC with the guild leader as we pulled people to do Kara, ZA, Gruul's lair, Magtheridon and gotten into most of tempest keep before wotlk came out but never downed Kael (during this time I had made and levelled this character to start a different aspect: going from DPS to Tanking as a priority, I wanted to be very dedicated to it and levelled with the spec up to 70 and again in Wotlk from 70-80)

In Wotlk:
Naxx 10/25 (Cleared)
EoE 10/25 (Cleared)
Ulduar 10 (13/14 3/4 Keepers + Heartbreaker)
Totc 10 (Cleared + Few achievements/hardmodes) 25 (Cleared Pugwise)
Icecrown citadel 10 ( 6/12) 25 (4/12(Pug))

At the start of Wotlk, The warlords were shifting in and out of raiding with the leader being cut off from us a lot due to internet problems and so forth, myself and others left to try out other forces I cannot remember many of the forces I joined at the begining but one of them was a romanian force called Taltosok, of course not knowing a word of romanian and them having little english dialogue was a problem but I actually had a lot of fun with them, learning the tactics by just going on only a few bits of advice was great fun ^^, later returned to The Warlords under new management: being the leaders friend whom nobody got on with due to his nasty attitude, so I went with the members and a couple of new friends to form Runic legion, we raided Naxx, EoE, Sarth and Ulduar but the guild blew up eventually due to having a open recruitment policy pretty much, so we formed a new guild called Redemption which would be a lot more stricter on contary to Runic we we're a 10 man guild that worked very hard to get as much done as possible, we had Ulduar 10 man norm on farm and even snook in a couple of Hardmodes, the only one we never completed was Mimi, Vex and Yogg on HM, we also cleared Totc 10 and a couple of achievements and heroic mode bosses also (not sure on how man we did on heroic mode now I come to think of it), finally we hit icecrown we cleared the siege, Rotface and fester before we eventually decided to split apart due to seeing a few members quitting the game/unavailability of some members, we finally axed the guild although I was a bit more stubborn and tried to keep it going on with the few members remaining >,< I eventually had to take the steps of disbanding it however.

so all in all It was a good experience, I participated as a officer in both Runic legion and Redemption and I believe I've learnt a great deal of experience and knowledge from the experiences I had and shared with others within^^.

• Why do you have your current spec?
My current spec/'s:

My protection spec has evolved a lot during my times of raiding, being suggested various methods and observing other tanks (and mainly Paladins of my spec has helped me out greatly), my prot spec is fairly ordinary though other than the use of Seal of command which I only activate on trash pulls(possibly certain bosses also).

The other thing in the prot tree I have recently been experimenting with is Reckoning in which I have not used since my times of levelling, I've spec'd this mainly after noticing tanks picking it up the main idea to having it is to increase my threat but I'm willing to drop it if it causes any problems in which It has been fairly stable so far, the only hazard is of course to having this spec'd is: parry haste and so forth but I believe my expertise is enough to hold.

Retribution spec: I've actually only had this spec and gear for a total of 2 months now after migrating from my old holy spec (in which I do still have the gear for)

In any terms, my retri spec is fairly ordinary as Im fairly new to It's mechanics and am still learning the ways in which to max out my dps in this spec with the gear I have obtained, the spec and my knowledge on it is mainly comprised from my friend and a few articles on wowwiki.

(Can display set for both spec's in game)

• What do you believe your class (and spec) brings to raids?
All the boys to the yard < --

With my class/spec: I can provide a multitude of Aura's and I am spec'd to apply a 3 percent crit bonus to enemies I Judgement in addition to the attack power debuff I can apply on melee swings

My improved devotion aura increases It's armor bonus also, aswell as increasing healing done by 6 percent to those affected by my Devotion aura

Im good at soaking raid damage when i choose with my divine sacrifice, I do this in situations in which the raid healers may require a bit of aid sustaining a large group of members, I only do this with my Diving protection up though which Half's all the incoming dmg I absorb of the raid so I don't end up actually sacrificing myself by taking to much damage Razz.

• If you could only keep one of your current talents, which one would it be and why?

Interesting question, if I had to pick one I guess it'd have to be Divine sacrifice: I've chosen this mainly due to It's usefulness in tight situations such as bosses that's deal moderate damage to a raid I believe it saves the healers a lot of effort to healing multiple members and will remain there focus on healing a solid solo target, this is one of those talents I'd keep anyway that has accessability.

• Do you have an offspec that you're able to play well?

My offspec is my Retribution spec, I've been testing round and practicing this new spec for about two months now, In which I've actually managed to aquire some decent equipment and experience in the short time of it, I do feel now that I am able to play this offspec in a proper raid situation as I'm usually scoring about 1-5th place iin charts on the 25 man raids I've attended in pug situations.

I do have full gear for Holy spec still also, however I no longer have it spec'd which may seem obvious already ^^, I've played Holy since the start of Wotlk in conjunction with my Main spec: Protection, but I eventually exchanged my Holy spec to get together a retribution spec to be more use to a RF.

• Name one personal PvE weakness, and be honest:

A weakness I have is my tendency to lose my attention whilst tanking for to long, mainly this is due to being sat solidly doing the same thing for a while, but I regain my focus by talking to much in voice based applications: which tend to be my primary source of concentration boost ^,^.

• Our raid days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday from 1900 to 2300, how many of those days can you attend on an average basis?

I can attend them all as they are pretty much after i return from College so I've got no problem there.

• What is expertise good for?
Reduces the chance that enemies can dodge/parry me smacking them Smile

• What do you expect to gain from being a part of Murder?
A solid guild for once where I can further my own skills and hopefully make myself as useful as possible.

• If you could go back in time to give yourself one tip about your class what would it be?
Avenger's shield silences *Shoots*

• Do you know someone that's currently in the guild?
Know no, but I've had a nice campfire chat with Ranchoras before making this application to learn more about the guild and discuss with Ranch about tanking stats/items and enchanting/gemming his cloak ^^.

• Tell us a bit about yourself. (For instance name, age, profession, nationality, hobbies and your favorite animal)
Name: Tom
Profession: Musician
Nationality: English
Hobbies: Playing way to many games, practicing my instruments: Guitar/piano, eating Hob nobs and drinking tea.

I LOVE CATSSSZZ!!!!11111

• Why do you raid?

I raid for the enjoyment of downing difficult and sometimes easy encounters with a group of people I enjoy being in the company of, if loot could be traded for good people I'd do it anyday but I've just fount a guild which that may be unnecessary anyway (sorry about that aweful Rhyme I just made) ^^.
Reyvl
Reyvl

Back to top Go down

Reyvl Protection/Retribution Paladin Empty Jay

Post  Denothor Fri May 07, 2010 3:09 am

Nice to get another tankadin to ease up my burden, Welcome to Palatrain!

Remember to vote on my awesome poll on my application

Looking forward to share experiences and stuff
Denothor
Denothor

Back to top Go down

Reyvl Protection/Retribution Paladin Empty Re: Reyvl Protection/Retribution Paladin

Post  Zanaia Fri May 07, 2010 6:34 pm

Accepted as a trialist. Take note of this application, folks. This is how you do it!
Zanaia
Zanaia
Admin

http://murderguild.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Reyvl Protection/Retribution Paladin Empty Meh

Post  Denothor Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 pm

My application was more sexy..... >_<

And this reply was necessary, dont you dare to undermine my replies ><
Denothor
Denothor

Back to top Go down

Reyvl Protection/Retribution Paladin Empty Re: Reyvl Protection/Retribution Paladin

Post  Zanaia Thu May 13, 2010 1:35 am

Accepted as a member. Welcome!
Zanaia
Zanaia
Admin

http://murderguild.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down