Murder Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malvin - Warlock

3 posters

Go down

Malvin - Warlock Empty Malvin - Warlock

Post  Malvin Fri May 14, 2010 3:21 pm

• Character Name: Malvin

• Race/Class: Undead Warlock

• Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&cn=Malvin

• What is the hardest or craziest achievement you have done in the game? The craziest would probably spending far too much time fishing for that riding turtle - what a waste of time. The hardest one, I don't know, maybe [The Secrets of Ulduar (25 player)] at a relatively early stage?

• What raid experience do you have? (Any raid experience counts. Elaborate, please.)

Vanilla:
I was playing a warrior tank here, but never got to do any of the real raids, because I started playing that character a bit late and gearing up was a lot harder than it is today. Thus, I only did UBRS a gazillion times and about half of Zul'Gurub.

TBC:
I didn't play during most of TBC, since I started about two months before WOTLK launch, so only managed to tank Karazhan and Zul'Aman. As this character I did some Karazhan and a little bit of Zul'Aman.

Wrath:
I tanked OS10/25, Naxx10/25, EoE10, most of Ulduar10. As this character I did OS10/25, Naxx10/25, EoE10, all of Ulduar, except Algalon. Also did some hardmodes. I was on trial in Aeon during the last part, when real life circumstances related to an unexpected increase in the workload at uni meant that I had to quit WoW for a long time. ICC25 2/12

• Why do you have your current spec? I am quite spec-agnostic and will frequently change it to suit the needs of the environment. Currently, I am in destruction, because this is where I have the most experience, and because it was quite good when I departed from WoW. I still believe it's doing relatively well, and so I see no need to change it. My offspec (affliction) I have because of the Yoggi-fight, where affliction was ridiculously good because I could nuke him with my back turned.

• What do you believe your class (and spec) brings to raids?
Warlock is a very versatile damagedealing class in the sense that I can do a lot of burst damage in Destruction and a lot of sustained damage over time in Affliction. In Demonology, I provide bonus to the entire raid, which can also be helpful. I have some of the best crowd controlling abilities (banish, seduction, fear) and I also bring healthstones, summons, soulstones, which can be useful.

• If you could only keep one of your current talents, which one would it be and why? Hmm, that's a harsh question, because they are so interrelated, and their strength is contingent on each other. Chaos Bolt is a nice nuke, but the cooldown is a bit too high for me to rely on it with one talent. Devastation with 5% crit chance on destruction spells for one single talent point is also a good candidate. But really, it's hard to pick a single talent because they are so co-dependent.

• Do you have an offspec that you're able to play well? Yeah, I have a bit of experience with affliction, so I just need to get back in shape again, which would just mean that I had to polish off the rotation for an hour or two.

• Name one personal PvE weakness, and be honest: Sometimes, I can be annoyed by the chatter on Vent, because I find it hard to focus, especially when I don't know who voices belong to.

• Our raid days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday from 1900 to 2300, how many of those days can you attend on an average basis? During a normal week, I can attend all three.

• What is expertise good for? Huh? Well, if for some reason I decided to hit the enemy, it will make the enemy parry or dodge my attacks a little less often (as if he cared).

• What do you expect to gain from being a part of Murder? Serious raiding in a close-knit 10-man team. Opportunity to see some of the encounters before the vast horde of pugs overwhelm them. Fun and lots of wipes and angry yells over vent until finally the boss drops, followed by lots of cheering.

• If you could go back in time to give yourself one tip about your class what would it be? Roll it a bit earlier.

• Do you know someone that's currently in the guild? Don't think so.

• Tell us a bit about yourself. (For instance name, age, profession, nationality, hobbies and your favorite animal)

Name: Christian
Profession: Student of mathematics and economics, working in a hedge fund on a part time basis
Nationality: Danish
Hobbies: Wow, yoga, my girlfriend and friends, reading lots of different stuff

• Why do you raid? I raid because I love the teamwork that's involved and the feeling when the entire team works as one organism and a tough bosskill finally is achieved. Also, I don't mind wiping over and over again, since it just makes the kill so much more worth it. This is something that is rarely achieved in a pug.

Last edited by Malvin on Fri May 14, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malvin
Malvin

Back to top Go down

Malvin - Warlock Empty Re: Malvin - Warlock

Post  Malvin Fri May 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Before someone points it out - yes, my itemization is not optimal, but this is because I am in the process of rapidly gearing up coming back from a six months break. Therefore I will wait with sliding all the pieces of the puzzle in until I have replaced the pieces that I know will be replaced in a matter of 2-3 days.

EDIT: Also, my horrible cloak is 2 Emblems of Frost from being exchanged with a proper one Smile
Malvin
Malvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vrakir Fri May 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Nicely written application, will get back to you asap.
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanaia Sat May 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Accepted as a trialist.
Zanaia
Zanaia
Admin

http://murderguild.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down