Murder Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zalgoth - Mage

3 posters

Go down

Zalgoth - Mage Empty Zalgoth - Mage

Post  Guest Fri May 14, 2010 7:30 am

• Character Name:
Zalgoth (I've reserved that name though if I get the chance to join since I'm still Alliance)

• Race/Class:
Troll - Mage

• Armory Link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&cn=Zaldimar

• What is the hardest or craziest achievement you have done in the game?
The craziest has to be "Shave and a Haircut - Visit a Barber Shop and get your hair cut." Cuz it's a know fact that I am bald!

• What raid experience do you have?
I have been playing the game since vanilla and started to raid as soon as I hit lvl 60. Back then it was with a guild called Helios on the realm Hellscream. MC, BWL, AQ40, AQ20 and we took down a couple of bosses in Naxxramas before The Burning Crusade was released. When TBC was released the guild disbanded and I created my own guild together with a couple of friends and we started with Karazhan which we were 4th guild on our realm to clear. We struggled to get 25 man to raid so we decided to disband the guild and I moved on to a guild called Novus Orsa and together with them I cleared Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon, SSC, TK, Mount Hyal and up to Teron Gorefiend in Black Temple but never been to Sunwell. I decided to take a break from the game and got back when WOTLK came out. I didn't play the game the same way though and became much more casual than before. I have done all of Naxxramas, most of Ulduar, completed TOTC 10/25, VoA 10/25, Sartharion 10/25, Malygos and done 10/12 bosses in ICC25.

• Why do you have your current spec?
My mainspec is Arcane and today that is the best spec to have for PVE, so thats why I have it. Plain and simple.

• What do you believe your class (and spec) brings to raids?
As mage I believe I can contribute a lot with my buffs and cookies and ofcourse the raw DPS a proper mage can deliver. Unfortunately I think the versatility of mages role has decreased a bit since it is not so common anymore to use crowdcontrol like polymorph or frostnova or the use of decurse in PVE nowdays as it was back in the old days.

• If you could only keep one of your current talents, which one would it be and why?
I think I would choose Invisibility to keep. A better "Oh shit button" is hard to find no matter what situation it is. How nice wouldn't it be to have that talent in real life? For example, you meet with someone you don't wanna talk to and there is no way to get away, "CLICK" and you're gone! \o/

• Do you have an offspec that you're able to play well?
Yes I do. Frost is my offspec but not much use for it nowdays as Arcane is the PVE spec to have atm. I have raided with frost spec since level 60 to level 80 when I switched to Arcane.

• Name one personal PvE weakness, and be honest:
Sometimes I can lose a bit of focus on enviromental situations.

• Our raid days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday from 1900 to 2300, how many of those days can you attend on an average basis?
I can attend on all these days without any problem but as we all know real life can interfer sometimes.

• What is expertise good for?
If you ment expertise in WoW then I can tell you that I have no clue and I don't care either since mages don't need it. But taken from Wowwiki

Expertise is an attribute introduced in Patch 2.3.0. One point of expertise decreases the chance that melee attacks made by the player will be dodged or parried by 0.25%. At level 80, every 8.2 points of expertise rating grant 1 expertise.

• What do you expect to gain from being a part of Murder?
I expect some fun time playing with people that are serious and a guild I know will not fall apart. To learn and conquer new gamecontent together.

• If you could go back in time to give yourself one tip about your class what would it be?
I have no clue what I would have said tbh.. maybe "play more pvp" because I suck at it.

• Do you know someone that's currently in the guild?
Yes I do. Vrakir and Ranchoras.

• Tell us a bit about yourself.
My name is Robert, I am 36 years old living in Sweden. I like to do many things but music is one of my favourite interests. And I love to travel even though it doesn't happend so very often. My favourite animal would be asian waterdragons. (I've had two of them)

• Why do you raid?
I love PVE, and how to conquer new game content, to learn the game mechanics for the different encounters.

Back to top Go down

Zalgoth - Mage Empty Re: Zalgoth - Mage

Post  Vrakir Fri May 14, 2010 11:11 am

Nicely written Application, will get back to you asap.
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Denothor Fri May 14, 2010 12:06 pm

Hmm, interesting.... an actual mage applicant that could make me rewise my overall vision of all mage players being dps recount freaks....

Looking foward to this

And I guess guild could always use a Vending machine...
Denothor
Denothor

Back to top Go down

Post  Vrakir Fri May 14, 2010 12:51 pm

@ Zalgoth, Will poke you.
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vrakir Fri May 14, 2010 4:28 pm