Murder Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossrealm Fire/Arcane mage, Opferblut!

5 posters

Go down

Crossrealm Fire/Arcane mage, Opferblut! Empty Crossrealm Fire/Arcane mage, Opferblut!

Post  Opferblut Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:36 pm

(Got a little confused since on the realmforums its posted yesterday (17th) that you need ranged DPS, but when checking on you webpage seeing that you need only Holydin and Disc priest.)

Heya! Let me first mention that my mage is currently stationed on the realm Frostmane. My guild has stopped raiding and alot of the core members seems to have left the guild. I also long back to an RP realm, and alot less crowded server, and thus has chosen to try out Earthen Ring. I get my paycheck at the 27th every month, and will probably not transfer before that. If thats a problem I totally understand!

Now, to the actual app!

• Character Name: Current name is Opferblut. I cant really say what the new name will be!Smile

• Race/Class: Undead or Bloodelf, but I might choose troll as well based on their cool lore! So, I dont know really. Haha!

• Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&cn=Opferblut I have an Arcane specc also, but when the link was generated it did not show.

• What is the hardest or craziest achievement you have done in the game? I took some time and I went through the achivements and among many, I think I have to choose Firefighter! It was me and a guild all made up by RL friends. We did like all HMs in pretty short time (without to much trouble, a couple of whipes maybe), up to Firefighter. Firefighter was for us like hitting a wall. We had MAJOR trouble with that fight and it was such a joy when we finally made it. I can tell that the kill was not pretty. It was chaos. Very Happy I also remember the happy times with that guild, all RL friends and so on. So I say Firefighter!

• What raid experience do you have? (Any raid experience counts. Elaborate, please.)
I started playing in TBC, on Darkmoon Faire, and had no raid interest at all, I just enjoyed other aspects of the game. Like RP.

WotLK:

Naxxramas 10/25, Sarth 10/25, Malygos 10/25: During the time of Naxx we were just 4-5 RL friends playing so we only did pugs. We cleared but it took time. and honestly wasnt fun, I hate pugs.

When Ulduar came, some friends got back to WoW and we started the aforementioned RLfriend Guild! We did only 10man but soon came to Yoggy. There half the guild quit again. It was frustrating to be so close to the Protodrake. I have little to none exp from Ulduar 25.

My ToC xp is bad to, I really hated that raid so thus have only done it when I had to, without much passion.

ICC: Have done all HC wings, except Sindra and LK, with my current guild on 25man. And some of the other achis to. On 10man however I have done these bosses HC: Marrowgar, Lootship, Professor, BQL. Dont let this scare you though! Im very familiar with all the tacts! Smile

• Why do you have your current spec? I was arcane from Ulduar up to recently when I got a firespecc. SO, mainly, I play Fire beacuse Im so sick and tired of Arcane. Then, I also like what they did with the Fire tree in the patch. More dots, more mobility (wich comes with both more dots and the mobile Scorch), and to put it plain, MOAR DESTRUCTION!

• What do you believe your class (and spec) brings to raids? Mage=Food, Arcane=Controlable INSANE BURST, as it is know. If fed with mana, more insane burst but a bit more sustainable.
FIRE=Highly mana efficient, and sustainable DPS. Good for mobile fights cause of dots and the "cast-while-running" Scorch. A bit of RNGish though since you need critts. Sadly, one cant force critts. :<
FROST=Never played frost in a PvE environment.

• If you could only keep one of your current talents, which one would it be and why? Hotstreak. For sure.

• Do you have an offspec that you're able to play well? Arcane. But dont force meeeeee! ^^

• Name one personal PvE weakness, and be honest: I tend to get confused whilst progressing on bosses where theres a alot of things to keep track on. You should have seen how I sucked on my first attempts on Blood Princes. Good god, I get all blushy when I think of them, haha! But as soon as I learn the basics of the fight, and gets to try it out a few times, I totally rock! (A BIT of irony:) ) I also cant play at all when Im to tired, but that goes for most players I think.

• Our raid days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday from 1900 to 2300, how many of those days can you attend on an average basis? All, however I have a job and a GF, so they comes first.
Luckily, I will know pretty long before if I can attend or not.

• What is expertise good for? KILL TEH DARGONS?! GET EPAXX??! Lowers chances for dodges/parrys.

• What do you expect to gain from being a part of Murder? Raids!! A friendly atmosphere where there is sort of a "give and take" mentality. I also expect understanding for the times I cannot attend to raids.

• If you could go back in time to give yourself one tip about your class what would it be? PoM + Conjure Managem doesnt work! I have tried that too many times in BGs.

• Do you know someone that's currently in the guild? Nope.

• Tell us a bit about yourself. (For instance name, age, profession, nationality, hobbies and your favorite animal)

The name is Alex (22 years old), I live in Sweden and works at Lidl storage! My main interest is music. I play myself and I sort of a huge vinyl collector.

• Why do you raid? I like all challenges, be it raids, a new job or something else. I also like WoW, so its a win win situation.

Just tell me If I missed out on something.

Cheers!

Opferblut

Back to top Go down

Crossrealm Fire/Arcane mage, Opferblut! Empty Re: Crossrealm Fire/Arcane mage, Opferblut!

Post  Vrakir Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Thanks for your application. Please give us a few days to evaluate it and get back to you.

Opferblut wrote:(Got a little confused since on the realmforums its posted yesterday (17th) that you need ranged DPS, but when checking on you webpage seeing that you need only Holydin and Disc priest.)

It's changed now. Smile
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Crossrealm Fire/Arcane mage, Opferblut! Empty Re: Crossrealm Fire/Arcane mage, Opferblut!

Post  Vrakir Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:06 am

The first thing I notice is a mistake from our part. We recently rescheduled the Tuesday raid to become a Thursday raid. Would you still be able to make 3 nights a week even with this change?

-Vrakir
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Opferblut Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:09 am

Vrakir wrote:The first thing I notice is a mistake from our part. We recently rescheduled the Tuesday raid to become a Thursday raid. Would you still be able to make 3 nights a week even with this change?

-Vrakir

Suits me fine! Smile Its actually even better.

Opferblut

Back to top Go down

Post  Vrakir Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:17 am

An extra question just for you!

What are your goals for Cataclysm?
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Opferblut Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:25 am

Vrakir wrote:An extra question just for you!

What are your goals for Cataclysm?

Good question, I intended to write some of that in my app but it slipped my mind.

In Cataclysm I will continue on my mage, on Earthen Ring. If I get to trial and we get along well (me and the guild) I will of course aim to stay with you.

Opferblut

Back to top Go down

Post  Vrakir Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:34 am

Last question for tonight.

Of the new spells you are getting from level 80-85, which one are you looking forward to the most and why?

Edit by Ranch: I also have a question, and editing Vrak's post is far more fun! It's a carryon from your goals in Cataclysm. At what level of raiding do you see yourself being at when you're at 85? Casual raiding, light progression, hardcore progression with aims of server firsts?
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Opferblut Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Should I take these followup questions as a good sign or that my app was incomplete?;D

1. Im most excited about Fire Orb, combined dot and AoE (if Fire specced) will be a nice plus to the already nice Fire spellarsenal. At first, I was excited about Time Warp but since they removed the slef speed buff, it kinda cooled of!

2. At what level Im willing to raid really depends on the overall atmosphere in the guild. Im doing it for the fun, but it isnt if the atmosphere is bad or forced etc. Also it should be mentioned that I have never been raiding on a serious hardcore level, aka 6-7 nights a week, and I doubt that I would have the time for that.

Hope that spreads some light!

Opferblut

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazes Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:13 pm

It's a well written app, it's only Vrakir and Ranch that have been a bit sloppy when they made the questions :O

One thing though in the app you say that you have killed Marrowgar, Lootship, Professor and BQL but according to your achievements you have done a bit more. Is it a typo or did you just forget about them or something? :S
Otherwise I think you seem great and would be good to have in the group Very Happy
Hazes
Hazes

Back to top Go down

Post  Vrakir Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Opferblut wrote:Should I take these followup questions as a good sign or that my app was incomplete?;D

See them as job interview questions. Wink
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Opferblut Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:33 pm

Hazes wrote:It's a well written app, it's only Vrakir and Ranch that have been a bit sloppy when they made the questions :O

One thing though in the app you say that you have killed Marrowgar, Lootship, Professor and BQL but according to your achievements you have done a bit more. Is it a typo or did you just forget about them or something? :S
Otherwise I think you seem great and would be good to have in the group Very Happy

I think I got some kind of brainfreeze when trying to write that in ICC10 HC I have killed: Lady, Lootship, PP, BWL and Sindra. Marrowgar shouldnt be there at all. I have moar kills in 25man.

Very Happy

Opferblut

Back to top Go down

Post  Vrakir Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:00 pm

Accepted for trial. Please contact Vrakir or Ranchoras once you have moved to ER. Smile
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reyvl Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:04 pm

May the hob nobs be with you, hope to meet you soon Smile.
Reyvl
Reyvl

Back to top Go down

Post  Chebab Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:40 am

Greetings and welcom to murder!

Sorry for this late reply, but I'm currently in the USA right now. Still I have a few questions which I would like you to answer.

First of all you are not hitcapped, how high do you priorotice hit raiting and are you planning to fix it?

Second, you have speced 2 points in improved flamestrike and 2 points in improved fire blast. Do you think you could use thoes points on something else to maximize your dps?

And finaly third, if we would ask you to switch you current main spec or off spec to something different, would you do it?

Hope you enjoy your trial and that we get to chat when I get home Smile

/Chebab
Chebab
Chebab

Back to top Go down

Post  Vrakir Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Hello there. How goes the transfer?
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down