Murder Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diary Entry: 17/02-10

Go down

Diary Entry: 17/02-10 Empty Diary Entry: 17/02-10

Post  Vrakir Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:45 am

Dear Diary...

The night was still young, the group was gathered and everyone was ready. On a hilltop a good twohundred yards from their destination they lay waiting. From their positioning they could see, through the scope of Oskefisen's gun, a couple of drakonoids patrolling the entrance to Nefarian's stronghold.
- "No problem, I can take them out from twice this distance the hunter said with a grin."
- "Alright, do it on my signal. The group that is going in need to get closer first. Remember to stick to the plan, said Vrakir while studying the scenery."

The plan, developed during the days the group had been in the area was simple. Get in with team of ten people to down Nefarian while the rest hold the entrance keeping anykind of reinforcement of their backs. Hopefully the plan would work, becuse if it didnt there where no way out. Nefarian's fortress had no other entrance then the one at the balcony facing towards the scorched plains of Searing Gorge. The Murderers had been camping outside the last couple of days to make sure that Nefarian was inside. They only had one shot at this. If They where not able to take him down his reign over all the races of Azeroth would go unstopped and the world would fall under Nefarian and his father's corruption.

- "The patrol is moving away now, go now and you won't be noticed. Me and Toto will cover your backs. Good luck in there and bring back something nice for me will ya?" said Oske, loading his gun and taking aim towards the balcony.
- "Okay, balcony group, you are with me. The rest follow Vrakir." Said Zanaia taking of to the right.
- "I've been waiting to long for this," said Malvin, grinning. And headed after Vrakir.

While running towards the balcony the crew could hear a roar from inside the mountain. Had they been spotted? Would their plan fail? Regardless of which they keept on running, it was now or never. This was the day of Nefarian's demise. They soon found themself at the edge of the mountain, a good 40 yards below the balcony which was their goal. This is where step two of the plan came into play.

- "Mooadib, Zanaia, Nelana. Gogogo!" shouted Vrakir.

The three lined up while the rest of the crew piled up on their left and right a couple of feet away. Then they strode into action taking a long rope out of each of their backpacks and then activated their engineering gadgets. Hopefully the rocket belts would not fail them today. A sound like someone lightning a match errupted from the three and a few seconds later they where flying upwards. Towards the platform. Nelana landed first, her hooves making almost no sound when touching the stonefloor of the balcony. She quickly tied the rope to the fence of the balcony while watching Mooadib and Zanaia landing next to her procceding to do the same thing.

Three ropes landed close to the crew waiting on the ground.

- "Okay, balcony group. You go first." said Vrakir pointing towards Lomo and Hazes.
- "This will be Sweeet, see you on the other side." said Hazes starting to work his way up the ropes.
- "You've got it, Im off." said Lomo and also started climbing the ropes.

Suddenly a shot roared and a scream could be heard from above and a drakonoid came tumbeling down towards the crew on the ground.

- "Watch out! They have noticed us!" screamed Zanaia.
- "Alright, let's move all of you!" Vrakir said, almost lifting Chebaben and Raken to their ropes.

After a furious climb all the Murderers made it to the top where all hell was breaking loose. Shots from Oske's gun roared in the distance and a hoard of drakonoids streamed towards the small group. Mindshattering spells where casted by Raken and Hazes while Genevieve started working on one of her most powerful spells.

- "Keep them off me! I can wipe all of them out with this if I'm left alone for a few minutes!" Genevieve shouted.

A spell of enormous proportions where casted by Chebaben towards the seamingly nonending force of the Drakonoids freezing them in place. Nelana and Mooadib setup a defensive barrier around Genevieve making sure she wasn't disturbed but any of the enemies. Meanwhile, in the corner of his eye. Khai noticed a side entrance to the gigantic fotress.

- "I found an entrance everyone! Let's push these back so we can use it to get inside! We can't Nefarian wait any longer." He shouted over the roaring screams of the dying drakonoids.

All of a sudden a gigantic blastnova went off on the platform, knocking everyone off their feets. When the crew slowly rised again they didn't see a trace of the drakonoids anywhere. All that was left was broken weapons and armor of the beasts. They quickly came to their senses and moved towards the door that Khai had pointed out. Once again the engineers proved their usefullness, a few Elementium charges where set and the group quickly took cover. The explotion that soon followed blew the entire door out and took a good part of the wall with it.

- "Alright, this is it. Good luck to you. This shouln't take too long." Vrakir said, leaving Zanaia, Lomo, and Hazes on the platform, with Oske the sharpshooter as backup.

The rest of the group followed him into the darkness of Nefarian's lair.

The Murderers soon noticed a significant difference in heat, outside it was warm. Yes, but inside the stronghold it was blazing. The air was steaming and it was hard to breath. Slowly moving forward they soon came to an elevator leading down into a gigantic room with a pool of lava in the middle of it. And down there, on the platform that went around the pool. Stood Nefarian in his human form, smiling.

- "Hahahah, the heroes have made it to the glourious finaly, I take it you are in good spirits, prepared for the final battle. Then gaze now upon my ultimate creation, rise Sister!", Nefarian said his voice echoing in the hall.

As he spoke something rised up from the lava. To our heroes fear it was a dragon, and not any kind of dragon.

- "Behold Onyxia, reborn. Perhaps my finest work", Nefarian said, as the heroes saw that the undead dragon was sparkling of electricity.

Instantly they where atacked, as soon as they had left the elevator Onyxia started to breath fire. The group tried to dodge it as best as they could while Nefarian took on his dragon form and flew up into the air atacking them from there. Mooadib was the first to break free from the terror that was Onyxia reborn and jumped down to face her eye to eye. Everyone else soon followed his example and soon there was a battle taking place in the middle of the gigantic hall. While Onyxia focused all her attention to Mooadib, Nefarian landed in the middle aswell leaving the group with no choice but to battle them both at the same time.

- "See how the shadowflame animates their bones... They fight at my command..." Nefarian, almost whispered forth.

All around the room skeleton started to apear. Brittle and weak as they seemed to be they made the crew take a beating and it added to the confusion of what was going on already. Chebaben, master of the elements managed to bind them all in a ring of frost which caused them to be frozen solid. While Nelana took on Nefarian with the help of Xuthli's protection.

- "Hah, I have more trick's then just that... I have you just where I want you." Nefarian murmured. And soon the air was full of electricity.

The power of the jolt made the heart skip a beat and all muscles spasmed. A few more of those hits and the group would be done for. And more came, but with the mending powers of Holdmancs, Vrakir and Xuthli everyone managed to get a hold of themselfs. Adrenaline was pumping and all of a sudden the reincarnated Onyxia coulnt take anymore. She dropped to the floor, and with renewed spirits everyones focus directed to Nefarian.

- "I hope you can swim mortals... In molten lava." Nefarian took to the air and underneath our heroes feet they could see how the platform Onyxia had been resting on was sinking into the lava again.
- "Quickly, make your way to the platforms." Vrakir shouted as turned into a wolf and ran towards one of the platforms in the room.

As the platform was not big enought to hold everyone the crew had to spread out. The bubbeling lava came closer but the Murderers slowely but steadily climbed the platforms making their way to the top. Once they made it to the top they where greeted by a smaller form of drakonoids that seemed to the casting something. Their atempt of anyspellcasting where soon denied by the quick interupters of Murder and got punted into the lava. Nefarian started to barrage our heroes with shadowflame bolts that had to be dodged. But weakened from the earlier fight it wasn't enought to take anyone out. And soon the lava began to sink back down again.

- "I have tried to be an accommodating host, but you simply will not die. Time to throw all pretence aside and just. KILL YOU ALL!" Nefarian roared as he landed again.

Mooadib was the quickest one down from his platform and ran straight towards Nefarian, the rest of the gang soon followed starting to beat away at the dragon. Soon another jolt of electricity, like the one earlier ran straight through our heroes' bodies. Forcing people to their knees. A swipe with the front claw of Nefarian made Mooadib go flying into the very same pillar that he had been climbing. And a tail swipe made both Nelana and Vrakir hit the back wall. Things where starting to look grim as Khai did his best trying to take the dragon's attention away from the spellcasters using his masterfull dode techniques to dodge his atacks. With the last stretch of her strenght Holdmancs managed to cast her most powerfull healing spell on Mooadib causing him to rise again and with renewed force as if nothing had happened, ran into the fray again. Nefarian was slowly pused back against the wall of the room with everyone pounding on him. And with a final cry Nefarian hit the ground.

- " Defeat have never tasted so... bitter..."

Afterwards Murder vanished yet again, where the crew went none knows. But perhaps they will re-apear again. Once a new enemy is threatening Azeroth...

Diary Entry: 17/02-10 Wowscrnshot021711222929
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down