Murder Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Houndrak - Feral Druid DPS [Application]

5 posters

Go down

Houndrak - Feral Druid DPS [Application]  Empty Houndrak - Feral Druid DPS [Application]

Post  houndrak Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Personal information

Hello there, my name is João i'm 21 and i'm from Oporto, a seaside city in Portugal. Altough our native language is portuguese, we do start learning english from the 5 year so i would say i've a pretty ok english. I have Vent installed and i'm able to listen and ofc understand pretty much all the conversation ocurring during raids, but i'm a really shy guy (i dont like my voice =P ) so i dont speak unless its really necessary.
Atm i'm on my last year of my degree, i'm taking Economics in a university near my city. I love to go to the gym, (i think its an even higher addiction than WOW xD) and with studies and wow i only have a few hours to spend with my GF.
If you have any question about this feel free to ask =)

Character information

• Character name: Houndrak

• Class: Druid

• Primary Spec: Feral

• Dual Spec: Resto

• Link to blizzard armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/houndrak/simple

• Time played (days): 90 days

• Are you planning to stick with your current class/spec?: Yes

• Explain your choice of gear, gems and enchants and how this benefits you:
Theres not much gear to choose from but we Feral druids tend to choose gear with crit as we require a high % of Crit to do decent dmg, since the highest number of crits we get the highest number of combo points we will have to spend on more abilities. But thats not all, altough we need hit (around 960 hit rating to be capped) almost all the leather gear gives hit + another stat (like crit or mastery) so we get hit capped very easly, in order to get the meta gem bonus (crit + 3% crit damage) instead of gemming my gear with only agility, i gemmed it with agi+hit and reforged my gear to give either expertise (since most of the fights now theres a phase where you need to attack in front of the boss) or crit (planning to start reforging to mastery instead of expertise when i it the cap) instead some part of the Hit rating. The enchants really depends of those avaiable, but i would go for Agility (means +AP and + Crit), than crit (for the reason i say earlier) and then haste or mastery. i think thats all =)

• Explain the reason for your choice of talents, and how they benefit you.
I think theres not much to tell about the talents, I picked mine in order to maximize my dmg output.

• What glyphs are you using and why?
The glyphs i choose were:
Prime: Glyph of Shred (each time i shred the duration of my rip extends by 2 sec to a max of 6); Glyph of Savage Roar (Increase the Dmg by 5%) and glyph of Rip (increases the periodic dmg of my rip in 15%)
Major Glyph of Ferocious Bite ( My ferocious Bite ability no longer converts extra energy into damage)
I think these are the important glyphs to talk about. The kitty cat top damage abilities are Rip > Shred > melee attack, so its normal that the glyph of rip is picked as 15% extra damage is a lot. The glyph of savage roar is also nice as it increases from 55% to 60% the damage of my melee attacks when savage roar is activated, the glyph of shred is nice because with the 6 extra seconds to rip i've a bit of a space to keep my rotation and gives that litle extra time to use a ferocious bite here or there. The glyph of ferocious bite is really helpfull as when we used without it, the conversion of the extra energy screwed our rotation, with this glyph we can use ferocious Bite in our rotation.

Guild history and expectations
• Previous guild(s): It might seem bad but i've been in a few guilds: KOTO, FOW, UP, DING, Risen fury;
• Reason to leave previous guild(s): This character started as a NE druid on the alliance side, and i started to raid on MH with KOTO. At that time KOTO was still a small guild and i got invited to Force of Will that got desmembered a few weeks after i joined. After this i joined Unity Path and raided from SwP till sarth 3D and maly (at that time i stoped playing as there was no more content to raid and Ulduar was still far from releasing). After a break i joined Ding (where i had a few friends) and raided Ulduar for fun. as ICC was released i moved with my best friend to the horde side and started to raid with risen fury. With the release of Cata our guildleader decided to stop and the guild desmembered.

• What can we expect from you: I'm a friendly player who loves the game so You can expect a prepared player who gives everything each raid.

• Any particular reason why you want to join Murder: I'm looking for a nice guild to raid and you guys seem to be it =)

• Why should we pick you over somebody else: This is actually a good question, i think you should pick me over somebody as i doubt there is a better raider than me! Joking, i know thats a hard task when you have to choose from diferent people you know nothing about besides the info they give, but i dont like to compare with other people because we are all diferent and have diferent things to offer, i'm my case i can only say you would having a really good raider whos calm and enjoys learning and wiping on new stuff.

• Do you know any people in Murder that would vouch your trial: i?m afraid not :'(

• Have you got any current application to any other guild? If yes, specify to which guild:No, i like to apply to just 1 guild at a time =)

• What are your plans for Cataclysm?:
Kill everything there is like on all the other content! Twisted Evil

Raiding history

Raiding experience in Vanilla
i started to play very soon to TBC so i never had the chance to raid on vanilla =(

Raiding experience in TBC
• Hardest Raidboss killed: i would have to pick M'uru pre-nerf 3.0
• Hardest Raidboss attempted: also m'uru pre 3.0

Raiding experience in WOTLK
• Hardest Raidboss killed: Mirmiron was a bitch =/
• Hardest Raidboss attempted: LK Heroic

Application

• Have you read/undestood the guild/raid rules and accept to act accordingly?:
Yes i read them and i do accept to act accordingly.

Thanks for the time you guys spent reading this, i hope to raid with you guys
If you have any more questions feel free to ask
kisses & hugs
Hound

houndrak

Back to top Go down

Houndrak - Feral Druid DPS [Application]  Empty Re: Houndrak - Feral Druid DPS [Application]

Post  Reyvl Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Real nice app friend Very Happy, I'm Reyvl: one out of the two tanks in Murder, you seem like a pretty knowledgeable and understanding player from what I see, hope it all goes well! Smile.
Reyvl
Reyvl

Back to top Go down

Houndrak - Feral Druid DPS [Application]  Empty Re: Houndrak - Feral Druid DPS [Application]

Post  Genevieve Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:50 pm

The million dollar question. What do you think of Toban? x)

Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanaia Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Thank you for your application and a well written one at that. Please give Vrakir and myself a few days to concider it.

- Zan
Zanaia
Zanaia
Admin

http://murderguild.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  houndrak Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:56 pm

I've nothing against T altough he can be kinda harsh sometimes, i only "reported" to Estana and she is very lovely =)
TY for the quick answer hoppe to hear from you guys soon =)

kisses & hugs
Hound

houndrak

Back to top Go down

Post  Vrakir Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Heya Houndrak and thanks for your application.
Me and my partner in crime Zan have discussed it and have come to the conclusion that Murder cannot substain another melee DPS in its ranks.
So due to that reason this application is sadly, declined.

I hope you can find another guild and wish you the best of luck in the future.

- Vrakir
Vrakir
Vrakir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down