Murder Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rated Battleground for those pvp nights where numbers are enough

Go down

Rated Battleground for those pvp nights where numbers are enough Empty Rated Battleground for those pvp nights where numbers are enough

Post  Xuthli Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi all,

My names Xuthli, and before that i was known as Xera, i led with Toban and other officers of Imperial Measure some of the best Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch Victories this server has ever seen. Most people think that they know AB and WSG because they've won it many times, and true to form Horde players have generally done well at it... but good teams alliance or horde will decimate an uncoordinated team so without further a do i will go over the old Imperial Measure tactics for each battleground and open up discussion as we were likely to have set class types for each instance to optimise performance which we wont have necessarily in murder.

Firstly Warsong Gulch

The key actually to winning warsong gulch is not evading the other team in the initial run, the key here is to own the midfield as if it were your own and not giving the opposing team time to form up to a sizeable number.

in regards to flag cap and flag defence the best teams are teams of two so out of a 10 man instance you can expect to have a standard 2-6-(2) ratio.

The Flag Defence Team ( The Hand)

the flag defence team should be made up of two classes with burst and slow abilities, classes that fit the bill best here are usually hunters, rogues with slowing poison (cast and movement). their job is to deal with anyone who makes it through midfield and if the midfield team is doing their job right and dealing with the bulk of players then this would only ever be 1 or 2 people maximum. These guys are the backbone of the hand that swings the heavy hammer.

The Midfield Section ( The Hammer)

the midfield section on game start will incorporate 8 players because the offensive flag cap team they push into the oncoming alliance as a single unit and slow stun and kill players of the opposing faction in an effort to break their ranks. once the field has been cleared of the big push they move up to about 3/4 of the midfield slightly off-centre (good to see the opponents GY spawns and prepare for the next round, always make sure someone is watching the tunnel and ramp however as we need to warn our FD team of incoming players. Midfield will never flag cap, even if a flag is dropped by a flag capper they will hold it at the midfield until the flag cap team can come and pick it up, the reason being our main healer/s will be based with midfield. The midfield team is the realms of people such as mages, warriors, warlocks, DPS shamans, retri paladins and alike. they are the blunt hammer to the mighty nail.

Offensive Team ( The Nail)

The offensive team is made up of two people, why only two, well simply because they only have to make it back down the tunnel to their lovely midfield support and after that the rest of the run is really quite effortless. Possible combos here = two pallys or a priest an a pally, or rogues/druids. each capper class will need a cleanser/healer like class to get them down to safety, in this instance the offensive team should always use the tunnel. As again if the midfield team are doing their job correctly the offensive team will be greeted by some lovely heals and anyone following them will meet their untimely doom.

well thats it for WSG look out for my AB guide a little later..

Xuthli
Xuthli

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum